besides hair?
I couldn’t sleep…got a lot on my mind. So I went outside to see what I could see. Since it was 12:30 at night…that wasn’t a lot. But I knew this cactus was getting ready to bloom any day, so I thought it kinda looked like a mind with something on it. If I count right (and my Pop taught me to count right… nicely), there will soon be 13 blossoms on this little beauty.
I could see the lights of Phoenix off to the east….
No tripod and my small point and shot. Sorry, not a great picture, but you get the idea. I was being a little careful because I was barefoot in scorpion country at night. So I kept using my LCD on the camera as a light. The brightest picture I had that gave the most light was this little jewel….
Glad I didn’t step on him either.
I’m needing a little Strawberry time so I’m heading back up to Annie’s cabin before the summer’s over and kids have to get back to school. I can use the time to pull my head out of…the sand and get my thoughts straightened back out. I’ll be home on Wednesday. Until then, enjoy yourselves and remember to floss.
You don’t want to end up like this guy…on somebody’s wall somewhere with gingivitis.
Not one single Watermelon Martini was injured during the writing of this blog. Although, one might get that impression. :)
12 comments:
ha. thank goodness the watermelon martinis are safe...smiles. travel light...the cactus looks like it has dreadlocks...and that is a scary face, long teeth....
The first picture is amazing, many ideas in my mind now, but as I'm hungry I can't stop thinking of food! hehehe
Hey girl, you need to relax and sleep okay!
Anyway your pictures are great, thanks for sharing!
hugs
Léia
** thanks also for the hint about grilled onion salad.I will check it!
Well... I only went to bed at 2:00 but didn't even have my camera with me...
Enjoy your time away!
Can't wait to see that beauty in full bloom!
I'm here any time you want to talk. I am always around at 12:30 AM. :-) I wish it wasn't so hot. We could get out and take some photos.
I hope you will take photos of the cactus blooms. You really are on the far west side of the city.
I too want to see those blooms.
That shark looks familiar!
Whoa, that cactus looks amazing! You have a great sense of humor even when you have a lot on your mind. Enjoy strawberry!
Enjoy your day !
Pierre
Oh, I like that face...is it a stepping stone? Such weird things one can find in a garden at night. The cactus is a marvel. Come check out the strange face I made for my garden out of rusted odds and ends. I think you'll appreciate it, given this assortment of oddities.
I hope you are around to snap a shot of the cactus when it blooms. I can't believe you are going to get that many blooms.
They all look decidedly painful...
Post a Comment