Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Mission, should I decide to accept…

 

DSC_0060

is to get to the other side of the fence.  That’s where everything we wanted to see was flying.

 

DSC_0061

This is a Great Blue Heron and they are nesting in some trees in the area. 

I met a couple of nice guys and they were happy to talk about the wetlands and plans for the future.  They both seemed very proud of what they were involved in doing and eager to share information.  But to see what I want to see, I need to get on the other side of this fence.  I have a plan…just like my mom always said when I went to a new school - “make friends and have fun”. That’s my plan.

By the way, did you know that trespassing at the wetlands is a Class 6 Felony and that I may not have been able to buy our way out of that one even though I assured Tracy I would.  Who knew??  But luckily we got Mike’s (one of the nice guys) blessing and the information we need to have the required permit for next time.  That’s me and Tracy…living on the edge. Okay, maybe I’m living on the edge and dragging Tracy along with me.  :) 

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oo bail money on that one might not have been cheap....smiles....good job making friends...and its always good to have an accomplice...that way you can say she wandered in and you went to save her you know...smiles.

Cezar and Léia said...

They are gorgeous birds. :)

***I'm thinking of my experience to leave my country and live in Luxembourg. You put always good things in my mind and I start thinking about it all.
And sometimes it's just the right time to open the wings and fly.

Thanks for your beautiful posts!
Léia

Kathy said...

It's not a place that's open to the public? Amazing to see a blue heron in - of all places - Phoenix!

Randy said...

That's a great find. I love that first shot.

Judy said...

The grass is always greener over there anyway.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm glad you learned the legal way to get to the other side before you were looking out from barred doors and windows! That fence looks very unfriendly.

Anonymous said...

Kicking and screaming, I went!

Small City Scenes said...

Well good for you for going through the proper channels to get to the other side of the fence. Or ya gotta learn to fly like a bird.

Speaking of birds, the Kestrel is one of my favorite raptors. We have quite a few out this way and I have taken several pics as they perch on fences or power lines. Not as good as yours though.. We don 't have Harris Hawks up this way--mostly down Texas way I read once. MB

Thérèse said...

Making friends is always a +
:-)
It is always so more interesting on the other side till we go there...

Diane AZ said...

Wonderful heron in flight pictures! I'm always curious to see what's on the other side of fences. :)

Rohrerbot said...

How did I miss this one!!!!????? That is a cool shot. Let me tell you about those Herons!!!! They are difficult to catch in flight...and when they are in flight, you better have the camera ready to snap clear shots. I have a post coming up on that experience. You got some really great shots off on this bird....wouldn't it be cool to see the nesting area?:) I love how everything is felony today...even if your intent is good:) I know I know....play it safe. I certainly don't have the money for bail on my teacher's salary. Plus I need it for Rocky Point in April. Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be at the butterfly magic tomorrow at the Tucson Botanical Garden from 9:30 until noon. It may be rainy, but the building will be hot and moist:)

Rohrerbot said...

I should probably add that I will have a cold after tomorrow going from one extreme to the next. People have their raincoats on and then need a mini towel to wipe off the sweat on their forehead.

steveroni said...

Excellent camera action with the Heron.

Ya know, with a winning smile and a good attitude, we can go almost anywhere, and leave without wearing those frustrating HANDCUFFS!

xo

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.