Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let it snow…

For those of us who live in the Valley of the Sun, snow is something we don’t often get to see. We can head up north to Flagstaff and enjoy the white stuff, but not everyone can do that. So, snow is a big treat for the kids around here.

The City of Goodyear put on it’s holiday party yesterday at one of the new Cactus League ball parks. DSC_0288

There were lots of things there to do. Jumpies and slides for the kids, craft booths, food stands, and SNOW!!

 

 

DSC_0297

 

Jumpies and slides, oh my!!!

 

 

DSC_0296

                                                           

                                   Aprons…oh la la!!

 

 

DSC_0300

These are the older kids. They weren’t nearly as much fun to watch as the younger kids. You had to be careful because they might get you with a snowball.

 

These little ones were just adorable. You couldn’t wipe the smile off your face even if you wanted to.

DSC_0306 DSC_0303

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0313

DSC_0315

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hands were cold, bottoms got wet, some were underdressed…                                   and some had just had enough….

DSC_0309

DSC_0310

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But then some were prepared, pampered, comfortable, eating popcorn and living the life of Riley…this is Russell…such a cutie!!!DSC_0299

Santa arrived in a fire truck, the tree was lit and all the kiddies went inside to sit on Santa’s lap to tell him what they wanted for Christmas under their tree….. DSC_0332 

Tracy and I had fun taking pictures. I have other shots that didn’t have to do with the kids and snow…I’ll post some of them later…right now I’m off for hot chocolate.

3 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Great pictures! I had fun! Let's do it again sometime!

Lisa said...

Looks like fun. They do the same thing here in downtown Peoria. Richard and I went once, many years ago mainly to watch the little ones play in the snow! Glad you girls had a chance to hang out together.

Kathy said...

Fantastic! What fun! Sure wish I had been there to see the snow in the 70-degree weather instead of having to watch it come down here where it is 13!!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.