We had a full moon last night. What a gorgeous sight. I always think of my Aunt Jean when the moon is big and bright. She loved the moon too. She used to send me pictures of the moonlight reflecting off their metal barn roof out at the farm. She just wanted to share the moment with me.
This morning it’s getting Mom off to dialysis, Greg through the shower so I can get Nicole up and through the shower. Then there’s their breakfast, and off to work and school. I’m getting ready to head into town to spend the day with Lisa and I need to be getting ready….but I hear Aunt Jean and that moon calling my name. It’s setting over the White Tank Mountains and it’s oh, so beautiful!!
Well I do have time to set the tripod up…
I need to change my lens….
Do I have time???
What’s that, Aunt Jean???
Oh, heck!!! I’ll be back really quick…
Okay, so it wasn’t really quick. It took an hour from the point I started to when the moon finally dipped behind the mountain. I have to confess it was cold out there and I kept coming in and out to get me and the camera warm. But I had such fun!! There was a point when I was torn to turn the camera around and get the sunrise…it was awesome this morning too. But I stuck with the moon and I’m glad I did.
Here’s where the sunrise tinted the clouds pink….
The flag is over one of the motor homes across the street.
Sorry about the wires…
Love this one…
2 comments:
I must say, it was way to chilly for me to venture outside that early!!! Great shots. In the first picture, the way the clouds are makes it look like the moon is laying on a fluffy bed! Love the last one as it heads behind the mountain :)
Very pretty! I have been watching the moon come up and go down and wishing I could take photos of it. Unfortunately, I'm commuting both times!
Post a Comment