Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, April 26, 2010

Interesting Park…I Mean Art…

While we were on our walkabout on Sunday, the ladies and I passed by this nice little park.  There was some unusual art in the park….didn’t need to say that, but it’s fun.  Come on say it out loud - “art in the park” …..it’s fun, isn’t it? 

DSCN0017

It’s rebar and concrete with tiles made to represent a palm tree and several different types of cacti.  I’m seeing a palm tree, a saguaro cactus, an ocotillo, and a very large barrel cactus.

DSCN0016

DSCN0017

DSCN0015  Come on let’s say it again louder this time, “art in the park”…..

30  Days of Music:  Day 19 - “I Can’t Tell You Why”  Eagles

Quotes:

“Abstract art is a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.”  Al Capp  also credited to Albert Camus

“All art is but imitation of nature.”  Lucius Annaeus Seneca

“A writer should write with his eyes and a painter paint with his ears.”  Gertrude Stein    (Not really what today’s art is about, but I liked the quote. Made me think of  all my new blogging friends who are poets)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

One just never knows what one might see on a walk-about! Very interesting "art in the park" :) Glad you gals had a nice time.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

ART IN THE PARK!

Brian Miller said...

that is way cool! they are putting a new park in by the river here and doing some really cool things...

Kathy said...

You captured it, girl!

Magpie said...

Lisa - You should join us sometime on one of our walkabouts. :)

Tracy - Way to go, Girl - louder!

Brian - Do you ever post photos on your blog?

Kathy - Thank you, and I was lucky enough to not get any of the homeless guys in any of the shots.

Kathy said...

Wow, I love this! It's really incredible. What a cool place you live in! xxoo

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.