A friend (I should mention she’s from the South) of my Mom’s told us today that we need to plant something on Good Friday so we can have a year of good luck. Well who am I to fly in the face of Southern tradition and I could use all the luck I can get.
This shot is from last fall when I first planted the lettuce and spinach. Today I harvested the last of the lettuce and replanted the row. Then I put in three new rows of radishes also.
I have lots of lettuce to give away if anyone’s interested…just let me know.
I started to plant a pot of Wandering Jew that my friend, Annie, gave me but I ran out of potting soil. So that’s the first trip in the morning. So I hope I guaranteed myself a full year of some really good luck!!
Quotes:
“May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night.” Irish Blessing
“May good luck be your friend in whatever you do and may trouble be always a stranger to you.” Irish Blessing
“Better an ounce of luck than a pound of gold.” Yiddish Proverb
4 comments:
Did somebody say lettuce? ;-)
Interesting! I pulled up my lettuce today too!
Tracy - Yes, would you like some?
Kathy - This always surprises me when things like this happen. :) Did you plant anything yesterday?
No, but I started getting the beds ready for my heirloom tomatoes that I've grown from seed! Does that count? I didn't think so!
Post a Comment