Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, May 10, 2010

A Finer Day, I Can’t Remember….

Today Tracy came to visit and we had such a wonderful time.  The weather couldn’t have been better – especially for the 10th of May.  We took some shots in my backyard and then headed out a wandering.  Today I’m going to stick with pictures from the backyard and I’ll share the other two stops we made later.

DSC_0002 These are roses from the bouquet my Sweetie gave me for Mother’s Day. We had them outside in the bright sun trying out Tracy’s Diana lens.  You’ll have to see how her shots turned out at her blog. :)

DSCN0503

DSC_0008Can you guess what these are?

 

DSCN0510  Tracy has some of the best advice and is always such a great teacher.  She told me some really good tips today for using the zoom on my point and shoot Nikon.  I’m very pleased with the results.

DSCN0507 Palo Verde blossoms up close and personal….even with a couple bugs thrown in for good measure.

The white blossoms earlier are from our Yucca.  Did you guess correctly?

Quotes:

“… if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard.”   Dorothy – Wizard of Oz

Nature poets can't walk across the backyard without tripping over an epiphany”  Christian Wiman  -  I could say the same of nature photographers. :)

6 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Nancy, this was probably the most fun day I have had in a long time. Your shots look great! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Kathy said...

It was a great day, wasn't it. That cool breeze will soon be something of the past.

My goodness, those roses are absolutely fabalus! And I wish Tracy would share with me her tips because your closeups are fantastic!

Cousin Kathy said...

A W E S O M E! Glad you had a great day! Love the cactus shot!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

BTW, if I gave you tips how come your cactus flowers aren't blown out like mine? And the roses? Well, let me just say that I learned not to get so close with the Diana. :-)

Lisa said...

Wow, such crisp, clear and intense pictures. I'm glad you girls are figuring out the photography thing together..it makes it all the more fun :) I must say, this has been the best year in as many as I can remember, that the desert has been in full bloom.

Leslie Marie said...

Pretty shots! You'll have to teach me all you learn one day! Love you!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.