Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, May 2, 2010

I’ve been tagged…

This morning I found a message from Chris at Enchanted Oak.  I’ve been tagged with a task to complete…..the fun is afoot!!  Here’s how the game goes:

1) Go to your photo files, select the 8th photo folder.

2) Select the 8th photo in that folder.

3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.

4) Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same.

Okay, here is my photo…and of course, it’s not one of my better shots. :)

DSC_0015 But it does come with fond memories.  I took this the day my Pop and I went on our road trip to Congress.  This shot was actually taken in Yarnell at the Shrine of St. Joseph.  Amid all the newly emerging greenery, there were these beautiful trees with a golden cast to them.  The day was very bright and I didn’t compensate for the light very well and I’m overexposed (well, not me personally).  My dad wandered over to the tree to see what kind it was.  It’s an oak of some sort.  Although the golden appearance came from the old leaves that were being blown away by the wind, they were what gave the tree it’s wonderful glow….kinda like people and life, don’t you think?

Okay, now I’m supposed to tag 8 more photo bloggers, so here goes.

Brattleboro; Kathy Goes A Ramblin; Life is a Road Trip; Phoenix Daily Photo; Prescott Area Daily Photo; Small City Scenes; This Will Hurt Me; Bellingham Daily Photo

If you guys don’t want to do the second part about tagging others, that’s okay. But let’s take a look at that random photo and it’s story. 

30 Days of Music:  Day 25 - “I am a Rock”  Simon and Garfunkel

Quotes:

I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.”  Charles R. Swindoll

Do as little harm to others as you can; make any sacrifice for your true friends; be responsible for yourself and ask nothing of others; and grab all the fun you can. Don't give much thought to yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow, live in the moment, and trust that your existence has meaning even when the world seems to be all blind chance and chaos. When life lands a hammer blow in your face, do your best to respond to the hammer as if it had been a cream pie. Sometimes black humor is the only kind we can summon, but even dark laughter can sustain.”  Dean Koontz

6 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Did you know we got tagged with this at West Valley, too? LOL

Enchanted Oak said...

Isn't it funny how we seem to land on a photo with fond memories, doing this 8th and 8th thing? Maybe it's because we love all our photos. Hm. I'm glad your photo was a reminder of a good day with your dad.

Brian Miller said...

it looks like something i might climb...smiles. love that second koontz quote...

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

winsome quotes...

brattcat said...

thank you so much for including me in the fun, magpie. i'll post my eighth image from my eighth file tomorrow but i'll ask to please be excused from tagging others. it's wonderful seeing your eighth and hearing your story.

Maha said...

it's such a weird, yet exiting tag! And I have to disagree with you, I find it a very beautiful shot.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.