Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Medusa…

This is a cactus that a good friend of ours gave us about 12 years ago. Well this is one of that cactus’ babies.  I guess the spring rains gave it an extra boost because as you can see, there are going to be lots of blooms on it pretty soon.

DSCN0439 

You can see two blooms that have already gone by. I picked another bloom up from the ground where it had fallen off the plant. If you look closely at the bottom of each bloom, there is a baby cactus.  I currently have four of these in my garden.

DSCN0441

I have given away several of them and I am sure  I let everyone know they came from our dear friend, Marty.  She has since moved away and we’ve lost touch with her, but she is thought of often and fondly. I don’t know the name of this particular cactus…anyone out there know?

30 Days of Music:  Day 27 - “Tears in Heaven”  Eric Clapton

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What an interesting looking cactus. Made more so by all those blooms on spikes sticking out of its head!

Brian Miller said...

a very cool cactus...medusa is right, but i bet she sure looks prettier when shes done...

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.