Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, December 3, 2010

Black and white or shades of gray….

 

I was playing around with some black and white effects on some recent shots I’ve taken…

 

DSC_0035 (2)

You may remember this soft ornamental grass that was a pretty shade of pink.  I like the texture here.

 

DSC_0043 (2)

You would be hard pressed to know this water was green and mossy.

 

DSC_0052 (2)

Can you guess what color this dianthus was?

 

DSC_0055 (2)

You can tell these are shots Tracy and I took together….same subject matter as one of her recent posts.  I think the b&w gives it a nostalgic feel.  Although in that time frame, it may not have had to be locked up.

 

DSC_0011

Black, white, purple or orange….no mistaking what these guys are.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I really like the picture of the grass and I think the sahuaro looks like it could have been a photo in Life magazine back in the day. I often try B&W but have not been very happy with many of my results. You'll have to give me some tips one of these days.

Brian Miller said...

nice. i am a big fan of b&w...i esp like the cactus as i think b&w plays well with the desert...and the grass is dreamy looking...

Cezar and Léia said...

Your pictures are beautiful in B&W mood! :)
I love the bike composition, my favorite!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Léia

Small City Scenes said...

I have always liked B&W it gives the shot a totally new demension. the Hair Grass is lovely. And I bet the dianthus is purply pink or megenta. MB

Tracy said...

Nice shots, Magpie!

Diane AZ said...

Hi, I love all of your black and white shots. I'm guessing the dianthus was blue.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.