Today Nicole and I put up our Christmas tree. Well really Nicole did almost all of the work.
Christmas is about traditions and this ornament is part of my family’s tradition. It’s an ornament my mom has had since her first tree in 1950.
I love the natural ornaments. Some day in the future, I want to decorate my tree with only pine cones, acorns, berries and birds.
Some ornaments have some really fond memories.
Some hold memories because of where they were bought.
This explains why Nicole did most of the work. Last Thursday Greg and I helped his brother move. The last piece of furniture…a 300 lb. solid oak dining room table ended up getting dropped on my foot. What is it with my feet lately???? I’m beginning to get a complex. Nothing is broken from what they could tell from the xrays, but they did tell me if it doesn’t get better once the swelling goes down, we may need to check again. I think it’s getting better and tomorrow my jailers….I mean the people who love me…. go back to work and school and I’m going to try and put a shoe on and walk a bit.
7 comments:
Awwww Poor foot and you too.
I love the colors of christmas. My Mother just gave me some oraments that were her Mother's. I'd better put them on the tree. MB
Love your ornament pictures and the history behind them. Now I see why you taking pain pills! That is a really bad injury so please take care of yourself. I broke a toe a couple weeks ago and it's still sore so I can't even imagine what excruciating pain you're having. I'll check in on you soon.
The colored lights look so soft and pretty in your images. I especially like the bird and candy ornaments. Too bad about the heavy table landing on your foot! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :D
Poor friend there, I hope she is feeling better today!
I loved your Christmas decoration, your pictures are all fantastic, congratulations!
hugs
Léia
Love the photos, Nancy. They could be on Christmas cards! Take care of yourself and don't push it.
Ouch! What a sad ending picture after all those pretty ornaments. Hope you're up and around soon! I guess that's what happens when you help people out... ;-)
ooo...hope your foot is feeling better...what gorgeous shots of the tree...the twinkling lights play well...
Post a Comment