Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, July 1, 2011

So much depends….

 

on blending in and staying still.

DSC_0003

This is a baby Curved Bill Thrasher that is growing up in our backyard.  I spotted him coming out from behind one of the cactus yesterday morning.  It appears he’s wearing camouflage.  He must have passed through some spider webs on his trip around the yard.  I wanted to reach down and clean him up, but that would have been a no-no.

Nicole was the first to spot him and took this photo of him the night before.

DSCN0972

Don’t you love his mohawk, Brian?  Made me smile.

An update on the Killdeer, when I came home from up north the momma bird was gone, the eggs were gone and I’m not sure what happened.  If they had hatched, I would think I would have found some pieces of shell, but they may have blown away.  I haven’t seen the momma and young ones yet, but I’m still hoping.    

11 comments:

Kathy said...

This first picture is just tooooo cute. Lucky you to find such a shot; lucky us to be on the receiving end!

Diane AZ said...

The little bird is so cute! Both pictures are adorable, bird with camouflage and mohawk. :)

Brian Miller said...

haha he has my haircut...maybe i need to get me some of the camoflague...smiles...

Randy said...

Someone needs to pay a visit to the barber. Great shot!

steveroni said...

That Curved Bill Thrasher should be in cinema. Well, he IS on film, right? A 'smile-giving' post.

Betsy Brock said...

haha...name that bird after Brian! That's perfect!

Love the little one with his cobweb hat! What great photos! I just love to see the baby birds grow up. :)

Pierre BOYER said...

Nice captures...
Regards from France,

Pierre

Cezar and Léia said...

The baby bird is adorable, wonderful and sweet message in this post!
Léia

lizziviggi said...

What a little cutie! That first shot made me laugh.

tracy said...

Now that's a stylish bird!

Thérèse said...

A hairdo of his own! A bird with humor!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.