Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, December 11, 2011

Peek-a-boo…

 

DSC_0024

There’s something or someone hiding in this picture.  Can you see it/them?

Yesterday I had an amazing day with Annie and Alice.  We went on a desert trip to visit some old mines with Annie’s Dad, Coleman, and Coleman’s friend, Brian.  We had such a wonderful time.

I can’t begin to tell you all the places we saw, but the air was clear and the day was gorgeous.  We had a picnic on the tailgate of the trucks and I drove over some roads I wasn’t sure I could traverse, but we all made it home safely.  I, for one, was one tired girl.  I actually was ready for bed at 7:30 but made myself wait until 8:00.

Okay, if you didn’t find who/what was hiding in the picture above, maybe you’ll spot “him” in this shot.

DSC_0023

This mountain is called “Montezuma’s Face”.  Can you see it now?  Nicole and I think it looks more like Abe Lincoln than Montezuma, but what do we know?

11 comments:

Randy said...

I saw it in the first shot. What an amazing place to explore. I love the desert minus the snakes. But their sleeping right now so it would be a great hike.

Cezar and Léia said...

oh girl...your header is magnificent!
And this place is adorable, I would love walking around and take lots of pictures of the horizon!
hugs
Léia

Kathy said...

Silly me, I was looking for perhaps an animal hiding in the bushes. Now do any of us really know what Montezuma looked like?

Brian Miller said...

ah nice...i see the face...i was focused on that cactus finger sticking up...

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

I love desert landscapes... the pareidolia in that picture is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was tricky!

Thérèse said...

Could not figure out what it was...
For a mountain to have a face is a good way for us to remember its name. I am so much mixed up with all the names around here. I seldom remember which is which when looking at them from different angles.

Small City Scenes said...

I think it is Abe Lincoln with the sharp nose. There is one here I call sleeping man it looks like Alfred Hitchcock. lol!!!

MB

Judy said...

That sounds like a fantastic day! And a tailgate picnic too? I love it!
I see that guy, shhhh...I think he's sleeping.

Judy said...

Oh, forgot to say, I recently found out that there is a word for that! "Pareidolia" I think that is how it's spelled.

Diane AZ said...

Ha ha, it took me a while to see it! It does look like Lincoln. Very cool!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.