Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Listen...it's so quiet....

Things have been so crazy these last couple of years. As time goes by, I find less and less time just for myself. I find that Mom is needing more of my time and attention; which was expected. Especially right now with her heart being in rapid a-fib...we're both a little uncomfortable. Nicole, who just recently had strep throat, is complaining of a sore throat again. There's swelling of her tonsils so not sure if the antibiotic kicked the infection out completely. Mom is having to skip medications at certain times and adding new ones. I'm trying to get Nicole to stay on top of taking her vitamin C, A&D and zinc to ward off anything severe. So this morning while I'm reminding her to take the pills I put out on the counter, Mom's calling for me to come and separate the pills she's not supposed to take and I had a moment of "Calgon, take me away!".

Mom's gone to dialysis, Nicole is off to school and Greg is still at the lake....listen, it's really quiet. Somedays I just love that. I wouldn't want it all the time, but I'm smart enough to enjoy it while it's here. Soon Mom will be home from dialysis, Nicole home from school...usually with a friend....and Greg may be home from the lake today. Then the chaos that is my life will be back in full swing...but until then....listen, it's so quiet....  

2 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Enjoy it while you can! I'm already missing mine. LOL.

Nikki said...

Mmmmm.... I just love those quiet days when you sit and listen to the breeze blowing through the trees..... what a miracle of silence that God has given us.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.