Here is an assortment of cats that have crossed my path over the last couple of years. None of them are mine…Millie, the nasturtium-leaf-beret-wearing dog, doesn’t like them.
Aren’t these two adorable?? This is a pair of bobcat cubs that were in a tree in my brother’s backyard in Tucson. Momma wasn’t too far away so he was very brave to get these pictures.
This was a bobcat also…I’ve cropped the photo to eliminate the really gruesome part of the picture. I’m not really quite sure why I even took the picture or why I’m posting it here now. It must have been hit by a vehicle, but it’s such a waste of such a beautiful creature. It made me sad. And not all life is pretty and happy.
This is Powder. She owns my friend who lives in Flagstaff….yes, you read that correctly. We all know dogs have owners and cats have servants.
This is Miss Lucy….she’s a “real” alley cat that has taken up residence at my sister-in-law’s house. She’s a tiny little thing, but can out hunt the other three cats that live at her house. Miss Lucy’s son, Junior, lives at the house too. He’s kinda camera shy. Sorry no picture.
This is Jacaranda – Jax – for short. He was the original cat in the above mentioned house and I’m sure he resents all the interlopers who have invaded his space.
This is Jimmy….he doesn’t have a tail. He’s the first interloper to move in on Jax’s territory.
That seems to be all the kitties I have pictures of. I have more pictures of these kitties, but I think you’ve seen enough.
5 comments:
Before I read the post on the first pic my thought was they looked like lynx kittens! I thought they were just special-looking tabbies! Cats are great. I've only had one in my life. Now I'm realizing I dreamed about a cat last night and I had to borrow a lint roller from someone. Now where did that come from. Maybe I knew you were going to post these shots! Hum ...
Kathy,
Isn't it funny how minds often seem to follow the same lines?
Happy Weekend to you!!
Aw, beautiful pics. Special kitties, all of them.
What gorgeous cats! I love the markings on Jax. He has nothing to worry about, he's unique!
Post a Comment