My Pop used to tell me that joke when I was younger.
This handsome fellow was out in the newly planted field when I took my walk the other day. They were irrigating this field. Not sure if he was looking for fish that were unfortunate enough to make the trip through the irrigation tubes and ditch or what exactly he was “farming”.
30 Day of Music: Day 12 - “It’s Not My Time” 3 Doors Down
4 comments:
nice...so what was this joke?
Seems like an interesting bird for this area. He looks like he might be more at home in a swamp!
Brian - All he would say was "Did you hear the one about the farmer who was outstanding in his field?" But really meant "out standing". Just a pun - play on words. :)
Kathy - These guys are all along the river and canals out here. You see them in the fields when they irrigate. We have mostly white ones though.
It looks like a blue heron, Magpie. I love your garden, dear one. The previous photo of pale pink sweet peas could have been taken in my front yard. And the lilac bush is in bloom. I treasure your comments on my blog. Enjoy your week!
Hugs from Chris
P.S. I caught the pun.
Post a Comment