Now I’m going to show that I’m really a novice photographer. I have heard conversations in the past and seen postings that lead me to believe that there is some kind of dispute between the superiority of shooting in macro or simply cropping a portion of a photo. Maybe I’ve misunderstood something, but I’m not sure I get what the debate is all about. If someone out there knows, please enlighten me.
Here are some shots. Can you tell me which ones (if any) were shot in macro or which ones are simply cropped from a larger photo?
Photo 1 – Hearts and Flowers
Photo 2 – Lady Banks Yellow Rose
Photo 3 – African Daisy
Photo 4 – Nasturtium
Photo 5 – Cactus Flower
Photo 6 – Aloe Vera Blossom
Okay, which ones (if any) are cropped or macro shots….there will be no prizes awarded in the contest. :) Except maybe bragging rights.
30 Days of Music: Day 20 - “Fire and Rain” James Taylor
9 comments:
love all the color in the flowers...macro or cropped, who cares, if they are beautiful...
I'm going to guess that all the pictures with the entire flower in them were cropped because most of us never cut off part of the flower intentionally. Except maybe #6. Or # 2. Oh, heck, I don't know! They're all pretty!
I was originally going to say those that have an unfocused background are macro. And then upon a closer look they all have portions of the background that are not in focus. So I sure don't know. My little point and shoot has an automatic macro setting so it just goes into macro mode whenever you get really close to an object. That's one of the few things that I like about my camera, other than its compact size, and when I get my dream SLR I will keep the little Canon just for flower macros.
Now don't forget to tell us which is which!
Oh, BTW, that nastyturtium looks good enough to eat!
I would pick #1 and #3 as macro shots. But then again, you think YOU are an amateur photographer!! I'm like an infant. :)
These are, though, all just beautiful, Nancy! xxoo
Well, thank you all for your kind words. Here are the results...#1 and #5 are macro shots. All the rest were cropped. I think the fact that our cameras now days have so many pixels allows us to crop and stay focused. Kinda like when we wanted to take photos with - gasp - film and we wanted to be able to enlarge it, we used 100 speed film for the best results. I crop to get the composition right, I crop to cut out light spots, I crop to pull something I might especially like out of a larger shot....it's all good to me.
Interesting. I would have bet money that No. 1 was a crop. Shows what I know about the subject, eh?
I think we're all agreed...we should do with our pictures whatever makes us happy!!! :)
well first, sorry for not being here a lot lately. i was VERY busy. i couldn't really guess the right answers, I don't take photos a lot. But, your shots were still amazingly beautiful beyond words, because really, I cannot find any normal words to describe them. you are a professional expert when it comes ti flowers :)
I love the nasturtium the most. I would have guessed that was macro. Also the African daisy. And maybe the aloe vera flower. But I just love to shoot macro images. They're all gorgeous.
Post a Comment