I grew up in the military…seems a funny way of putting it, but it’s the way I’ve always said it. My Pop was in the Air Force….I was born on an Air Force Base….I’ve lived in more houses than I can count anymore….went to several different schools – three different schools and two different countries during the third grade alone….and have met people from all over this world.
With that come some good things and some bad things. I not only like change, I thrive on it; I can talk to anyone comfortably; I make friends easily; I’ve seen life from several different ethnic as well as economic viewpoints; I’m patriotic and love my country and the men and women who serve for our freedoms. But on the other hand….I have trouble with long term relationships; I’m easily bored; I didn’t get to be in the girl scouts or 4H; I had long-distance relationships with my grandparents; I didn’t form many lasting friendships.
But one friend I made when I was 5 years old is still in my life and I guard our friendship fiercely. Mary is my oldest and dearest friend. We have been through so much in each other’s lives. Stories that would curl your hair or make you laugh or make you cry….we’ve been there for each other through it all. She lives far away from me in Washington state, but she’s coming to visit me today and I am so excited!!!
You may or may not hear much from me in the next day or so, but know this – I’m tending a long-term friendship that is dearer to me than words can ever say.
30 Days of Music: Day 9 - “Claire De Lune” Debussy
5 comments:
:) This makes my smile!!! Enjoy your visit!
ooops! *me
That is soooooooo amazing. Come back son :)
Your girls have a good time, now!
Now, listen to me...you two do not get into any of those hair-curling situations! (But have fun anyway)! Tending to friendships is about the best way to spend any day! xxoo
Post a Comment