Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, April 11, 2010

What do you notice at yard sales….

Okay yesterday was the big bi-annual yard sale in the Estrella Mountain community.  My girl friend, Annie, and I started out about 7:30 in the morning and went to 12:30 0r so.  It’s a beautiful community and we had such a great time.  I didn’t find anything to buy, but Annie scored some good bargains.

Here’s what I notice when I go to yard sales…

DSCN0336

This is where the dove’s nest was. If anyone recognizes what kind of “tree” this is, I would love to know. It reminds me of what I know as a Crown of Thorns, but I’ve never seen one this big.

DSCN0337

I’m pretty sure I might do better at finding bargains, if I paid as much attention to the sales as I did other things. But I had fun and that was what the day was all about.

30 Days of Music: Day 5  “In My Dreams” Josh Turner

4 comments:

Kathy said...

As the picture scroll up I'm thinking what kind of tree is that? It almost has succulent-looking leaves. Isn't it amazing that that little dove has managed to build her nest in the midst of all those thorns.

Kathy said...

Sorry for the poor proofreading! Duh, scrolled!

Maha said...

that must be amazing. e don't have anything like that in here, and I loved the whole thing from your description. The bird just looks breath-taking. Amazing shot!
I wanted to ask you something, why don't you capture photos in the night? Pardon me, but that's my favorite time of the day, and I'd like to see you doing some camera-magic in it!

Magpie said...

Thank you Maha...and I have been anxious to take your advice and do some night shots, but I need to replace my tripod before I can. I haven't found the one I want yet. I did cross the bridge with the lights on one night that you suggested I shoot at night and it will be lovely...need the tripod though. Soon, I hope. :)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.