The roadrunner that lives in and around our yard has found a sweetheart and they’ve started a family. This is one of the parents getting a drink right before Star heard its clicking.
While this parent was in the backyard, the other was with the baby under the truck in the driveway.
This is the baby right after mom or dad gave him some breakfast.
Star decided the roadrunner would be fun to play with. She chased it and it jumped up on the fence out of reach. The roadrunner didn’t stay away for long and was right back in the yard with Star.
The roadrunner wasn’t intimidated at all. Star wanted to play again and the roadrunner found a place to go that Star couldn’t follow.
Star quickly grew bored because the roadrunner wasn’t really playing fair and she came inside and planted herself directly over the air conditioner vent. I hope this doesn’t give the roadrunners reason to find a new place to live. I’d miss seeing them around
5 comments:
What a cute family! I bet Star won't give up though.
Well, up until this post, I had actually never seen a real road runner! All I had to go by were Warner Brothers cartoons! lol
ha. bet star was having fun with that....cut elittle family you got there...
That is too cool that you actually have a family of them in the yard...I'm jealous! Can't they all just get along?!?!!!!
This is so adorable! I always love seeing roadrunners out there.
Post a Comment