A few years ago, I went to stay with my very dear friend, Mary, and her family in Camas, Washington. Mary was facing follow up surgery after a complication and I wanted to be near her. Everything was a success and we had a very enjoyable visit. Mary, her husband, Doug and I all went on a day trip to the Oregon coast. In all the years of traveling with my father during the military, we had never lived in the Pacific Northwest. Such a powerful place….so many beautiful sights to see. It was a misty, rainy day which suited me just fine. The beach was primeval looking and calming and made me feel small.
The sea gulls were all around an area where some other visitors were feeding them heaven knows what….all kinds of cholesterol and transfatty something or others, I’m sure.
But there were these two sea gulls off by themselves just looking out to sea. It made me think of the old Red Skelton routine about Heathcliff and Gertrude. So that’s what I named them….
1 comment:
Pretty! I have always wanted to go there!
Post a Comment