Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Thursday, March 4, 2010

Picnic with Mom….

Yesterday after dialysis, I picked Mom up and we grabbed a sub sandwich and headed out for our picnic. We talked about going to Estrella Park but ended up going to White Tanks Park again.  After we had our lunch, I settled Mom in with her Pink Press and a crossword puzzle and I took the hike up to the waterfall.
The wildflowers are just getting started. There is promise of so much more to come!!! In about a week or two, they should be amazing.

DSC_0080 These are called Fiddlenecks and are just all over the place.


DSC_0078 These are the Arizona Fiesta Flower. They keep their little heads down and hard to see very well.


DSC_0089 (2)Mexican Gold Poppy…these were hard to find…I went off the trail a little…don’t tell on me, okay?



DSC_0104Coulter’s Lupine…they’re just DSC_0094getting going also.  There was enough of a breeze, some of the shots aren’t as clear as I would like.




 

 

 

 

These are Filaree…
DSC_0106







 

 

 DSC_0099

 

This is Desert Globemallow…



 

 

 

Then there was this little cutie…
DSC_0062 (2)

The desert was so green….especially compared to the last few years.DSC_0090 (2)






 

 

DSC_0084 (2)
DSC_0059
 

Everything is covered in new growth…


 

except this fellow.  I don’t like Teddy Bear Chollas and I believe this is a dead one. I took the picture because something about it makes me think of a beaver or a gopher.  What do you think??DSC_0092
Mom and I had a great time. It accomplished just what I wanted. I had a great time and she had a great time and I didn’t go to bed crying. (You would have to go back a few posts to understand that one.)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm impressed with your knowledge of all the wildflowers. All great pictures. The lupine reminds me of the bluebonnets of Texas. Well, no wonder. I believe they too are a variety of lupine.

Mike said...

That was just so refreshing to see the flower pictures after all of the cold weather that we had this winter! I am glad that things were good with your mom.

Magpie said...

Kathy - Thank you, but I had a cheat sheet that I purchased at the park. Otherwise I would have been lost.

Otin - I hope your winter will soon be over. Thank you for the kind words regarding my mom.

Tom said...

ah...there's nothing more beautiful than the desert and the desert forests. I do miss them.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

OMG, it's so comforting to know the Pink Press forges onward after all these years!

Enchanted Oak said...

I spent many springs in the desert country, and after rainy seasons it was a painting full of color. I'm glad your hike did the trick, and both you and Mom had a good time.
What's the Pink Press?

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.