This has been a wonderfully wet spring for us here in Arizona. Now I know not everyone feels that way, and for some very good reasons. But I love it…must be the gardener in me. Here’s how I spent my day…
This pair of finches were trying to get in out of the rain. Their little perch swings so they were hard to get a good shot of. Also, I don’t think they liked the flash.
On my way to Bill and Tracy’s as I sat stopped at a traffic light, guess what I saw?? I’m not sure this is Margarita Ville, but somebody “blew out a flip flop”.
Alas, no swimming today. At least not for the faint of heart…which we all pretty much were.
Guard duty is hard, lonely work sometimes…this is Sluggo. He’s a little territorial about his feeders. I thought this silhouette fit his vulture-like mood.
But this is him also…isn’t he handsome? And rumor has it he has a girl friend…may be that little Sluggos will soon be flying about.
Bill and Tracy have a lovely backyard. We did sit out on the back porch thanks to a patio heater Bill and his sister, Teresie, put together, and even dined al fresco. We had some soul warming White Chili…mmm good.
Most of the day was spent inside playing games, talking and watching TV. It was just that kind of day and I had a wonderful time.
I love my family. This is my cousin, Pat. She’s the closest thing I’ve ever had to an older sister.
I drug myself away finally at 8pm (only because I thought I might be wearing out my welcome and I forgot to bring pajamas :) ) and headed home in my cold pickup. It continued to rain all the way home and this is what greeted me when I finally got there…
hail….
And this was a full two hours after it had hailed here. It was a cold night in Mudville.
3 comments:
Wow, you got hail! We thought we might get some but never did. It was a fun day. Let's do it again sometime!
What a captivating blog! I felt like I was right there!
I'm beginning to get a little mushy around the edges and want to go on a historic building outing so I'm ready for this rain to dry up!
Love the hummer pics.
Kathy - Phoenix
Post a Comment