Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Star Tower….

On my way to pick Nicole up after play rehearsal, I stopped at the Star Tower in Estrella Mountain Ranch.  It’s a really wonderful place and open at night until 11:30.  I’ll have to go some night when the sky is clear and check out the stars.

DSC_0108 (2)

 

 

“Welcome to the Star Tower.  Your place in the cosmos.  For thousands of years, man has looked to the heavens with mystery and awe. The tower to the sky is a living memorial to the many Native American cultures that have studied the sky from this very location…the Desert Southwest.”

 

 

 

 

 

There’s a winding path that leads through some beautiful landscape and I saw Desert Globe Mallows in shades I’ve never seen before…white, pink and yes….purple.

DSC_0112

There’s a spectacular waterfall and the sound from the water is very soothing.

DSC_0104 (2)This shot was taken from above the waterfall climbing the spiral staircase that leads to the top of the Star Tower.

DSC_0102 (2)   I just couldn’t resist this pop of purple from the Desert Hibiscus. 

DSC_0106 (2) It is really a very lovely place….a nice little oasis in the desert (if you can call being on the edge of such a big development, the desert). 

4 comments:

Kathy said...

How gorgeous!! I'd love to visit that sometime, too!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Love the pics. Especially the last one. You'll have to show me that sometime. You know, most anytime you see water like that out here in the desert you are close to a housing development or a golf course. :-)

Kathy said...

Where have I been? I have never heard of this place! One of the things I'm reminded of when I go to visit my mom on her farm is the jillions of stars you can see when you get away from the pollution and the reflection of all the city lights.

Lisa said...

A river runs through it! At least you can't see the development in the pictures. Too cool :)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.