Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Drive…

Today Tracy and I went out just looking for things to photograph. We had a couple of ideas in mind, but then just took off where the road might lead. 

DSC_0097 (3)

Well the road led to Phoenix International Raceway.  Today they were doing something called Drive Tech. People could sign up to either ride in or drive these cars.   Tracy and I opted to just take photos. 

DSC_0092 (3)

This car just fascinated me…not sure why. 

 

DSC_0104 

There were only four or five cars going around the track at once and it was loud when they went by. I can imagine what it must be like with 40 cars going all out!

On April 10, 2010 the Subway Fresh Fit 600 comes to Phoenix International Raceway.  Just to get you in the mood here are some quotes I found from drivers.

"You won’t see me running in the back." — Kevin Harvick
"You’ll be in the back, all right. You just won’t go back there on purpose."
— Bobby Hamilton

"Every one of these drivers in the garage area, I can speak to because they all speak English, with the exception of Ward Burton. He speaks whatever he speaks. He speaks Ward." -- Tony Stewart about the difference in racing on the IRL circuit and the WC circuit

"I got wrecked racing for last. That’s Bristol." — Todd Bodine

"I guess those guys are going to lose to a guy driving a pink racecar." - Jimmie Johnson, trying to look on the bright side of drawing the pink IROC car

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Chicken!

Kathy said...

Very awesome blog! I am a NASCAR widow. Sometimes I get sucked in...I don't know how, exactly. It's just that I like cars and speed (like miles per hour). And Don usually is hiding the remote from me on race day. I see HOOSIER on the tire of that one car. :-)

Magpie said...

Kathy - Chicken? Well, duh, yes! :)

Kathy - There are several NASCAR fans in my family...I'm not one though. But it was an exciting way to spend some time and take pictures. Hoosier? Isn't that a piece of furniture? :)

Life Is A Road Trip said...

And you said you didn't get any good car shots! :-)

Enchanted Oak said...

This is an interesting place to wind up on a Sunday afternoon. I went to a race once in Long Beach, California. The sound was unbelievable. You've had a busy few days. Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog, especially this morning when my hand was on fire. You left such a kind comment. You made me smile.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.