Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Saturday, July 31, 2010

Signs of the times…

 

DSC_0153

 

 

 

 

 

 

                              How much can it cost??

 

DSC_0154

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                Demanding change…

 

DSC_0155

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                   Too much debt and not enough income…

 

DSC_0156

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                              Americans losing houses at unheard of rates…

 

DSC_0157

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                               Fannie and Freddie who???

 

DSC_0158

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                  Public schools can’t provide quality education….

 

DSC_0159

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                  Let’s save the planet…

 

It’s a sad state of affairs that these signs were so easy to find.  I’m going to challenge myself and get out and find some positive to offset this negative. May take me a bit longer though.

QUOTES:

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.”   Harry S. Truman

“As sure as the spring will follow the winter, prosperity and economic growth will follow recession.”  Bo Bennett

“You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt.”  Daniel Hannan

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i think that is a good challenge...it is fairly easy to be negative when all you see is negative...hope you have a great sunday...

Kathy said...

I'll bet you'll find those positive signs in no time at all. Is the MIL that is in the hospital your little baby dog? I hope she gets better soon.

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello dear friend!
wow you have found different types of signs and so funny!The first one is my favorite, I guess it is about a doll house or bird house :)
Have a great week and many thanks for your always nice comments and visits!
hugs
Léia

Magpie said...

No, Leia...it's actually about a full size house. It's sad isn't it?

Cousin Kathy said...

Boy, that really is sad. Although, I see the slump myself. Trying to sell a home is just a double-edged sword right now...you need to get out from under it, but unless you sell it for a third of what it's worth, nobody will buy. They know they have you over a barrel on this one.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.